Nothing says, “Welcome home,” quite like the cheery vibe of summertime. Create an inviting space (both indoors and out) that will make a fun atmosphere for entertaining and will lift your spirits all summer long!
- Incorporate summery colors. Popular spring and summer colors include bright pinks, orange, yellow, and white. Trendy additions for 2019 include rich blues, pinky-coral, and chartreuse. Colors of the sea are also a great choice (turquoise and light blues). Mix one or several of these colors into accessories such as throw pillows, vases, graphic paintings, fresh flowers, dishes, or candles to add some punch to a room.
- Bring in candles. Another easy and inexpensive way to showcase the season is to replace firewood with a group of candles inside your fireplace. This creates a clean and sophisticated look.
- Add stripes. Stripes are a classic summer look. They instantly add a nautical feel to your space. These can again be incorporated with accessories or something on a larger scale, such as an area rug, or be even bolder by adding stripes to your walls with paint or wallpaper!
- Change out the drapes. Swap out heavy, dark window treatments for some that are lighter in color and weight to let the sunshine in!
- Display tropical foliage. A large potted plant or small vases of tropical branches give an island feel to your home.
- Bring the beach indoors. Add beachy touches like coral, sea fan, and shells to give you that warm feeling reminiscent of the lake or ocean.
- Bring furniture and accessories outdoors. Create an outdoor dining space, purchase new cushions or throw pillows for your patio furniture, add fun lighting (lanterns, flameless candles, tiki torches, string lights, pathway lights, etc), or add a hammock for a relaxing place to nap in the fresh air!
- Create a fire pit. If you don’t have one, a fire pit is a great addition to your backyard. Its a fun place to entertain, roast marshmallows, or just relax. You can build your own relatively easily, or purchase one. For a hassle-free option, go with a gas fire pit! Add some comfortable seating and decor for an inviting space everyone will enjoy.
Shop this look at walmart.com!